- Where to Eat Detroit-Style Pizza, Outside Detroit
- Team Estela Opens Flora Bar and Flora Coffee Tonight in The Met Breuer
- Toups South Opens with Aaron Franklin’s Smoker and a 160-Year-Old Bar
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
- Tomato Golf and Ultimate Fighting: How Chefs Unwind After Service
- Vegas’s Next Mega Food Destination
- L.A.’s Iconic Michael’s Debuts New Chef Miles Thompson
- Grae Nonas Lands in Minneapolis, Embraces His "Viking" Heritage
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the 11th Euphoria Festival?
- Angie Mar Dreams of Ribeye at The Beatrice Inn, Revamped and Opening Today
I recently visited a friend in L.A. for the weekend, and since I’d never been there before I tried to cram in as much eating as possible. We had a mind-blowing dining experience at Sona, indulging in David Myers’ (an F&W Best New Chef 2003) six-course tasting menu that included a fantastic big eye tuna with green apple and hijiki. And I had to check out Mario Batali and Nancy Silverton’s newly opened and much hyped Pizzeria Mozza. The pizzas were more like flatbreads topped with bits of yum like fennel sausage and prociutto di parma—good, but I’m still a New York-style pie snob. Nancy’s chopped salad was one of the best I’ve had, though, and the salad, pizza and a quartino of Italian wine proved to be the perfect lunch. My favorite food find of the weekend was definitely Boule, David and Michelle Myers’ patisserie across from Sona. The spot is absolutely adorable with its pale blue walls and addictive treats. I have a huge sweet tooth and went a bit overboard sampling the homemade wild honey ice cream, which was insanely good, as well as the Meyer lemon and dulce de leche macaroons and the most delicious fleur de sel caramels I’ve ever had (and I’m a caramel freak). The store also has some unexpected finds like beautiful little salt spoons and dishes and even books and condiments. I made sure I bought some things to take home but just discovered you can order online…I think I know what I’ll be sending my Valentine this year.