- Dozens of Workers Fired After Protesting on 'Day Without Immigrants'
- One of the World's Best Restaurants Is Staging a 2-Night Pop-Up in Brooklyn
- How It Feels to Be an Immigrant Worker in a Restaurant Kitchen Now
- Restaurants Around the Country Show Support for #ADayWithoutImmigrants
- Fidel Castro's Private Chef Tells You Where to Eat in Havana
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- Dave Beran Leaving Next to Open His Own Restaurant in LA
- Tomato Golf and Ultimate Fighting: How Chefs Unwind After Service
- Houston Hero Hugo Ortega Reveals Xochi, His New Oaxacan Restaurant
- How to Build a Quiet Restaurant
© Courtesy of Bravo
Chef Tom Colicchio playing guitar
On Monday night NYC’s Hill Country Barbecue will host Restaurant Industry Night, the first in a quarterly series of events that recognizes different industries and related charities and celebrates them through food and music. Star chef Tom Colicchio will hit the stage with his guitar, no doubt taking inspiration from Season 9 of Top Chef, which he recently filmed in Texas. The event will raise money for the Careers Through Culinary Arts (C-CAP) scholarship program, which helps prepare high school students in underserved communities for restaurant careers.
If you can’t make it to the event, here are some amazing Texas-inspired barbecue recipes from chef Tim Love to try at home.
Sticky Barbecued Beef Ribs