- How René Redzepi Is Giving Back to the Culinary Community in Mexico
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- Angie Mar Dreams of Ribeye at The Beatrice Inn, Revamped and Opening Today
- At Nixta, Cauliflower Tortillas and Pisco Sours Are on the Menu
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- Where to Eat Detroit-Style Pizza, Outside Detroit
- Team Estela Opens Flora Bar and Flora Coffee Tonight in The Met Breuer
- Toups South Opens with Aaron Franklin’s Smoker and a 160-Year-Old Bar
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
© Courtesy of Bravo
Chef Tom Colicchio playing guitar
On Monday night NYC’s Hill Country Barbecue will host Restaurant Industry Night, the first in a quarterly series of events that recognizes different industries and related charities and celebrates them through food and music. Star chef Tom Colicchio will hit the stage with his guitar, no doubt taking inspiration from Season 9 of Top Chef, which he recently filmed in Texas. The event will raise money for the Careers Through Culinary Arts (C-CAP) scholarship program, which helps prepare high school students in underserved communities for restaurant careers.
If you can’t make it to the event, here are some amazing Texas-inspired barbecue recipes from chef Tim Love to try at home.
Sticky Barbecued Beef Ribs