- McCrady’s Alum Michael Kramer Debuts a Pasta Palace in Greenville, SC
- The French Laundry Is Using Tock to Streamline Its Reservation Process
- Chris Cosentino Opens Jackrabbit in Portland
- Charles Masson Brings Back the Art of Tableside Service at Majorelle
- The 100 Hottest Restaurants in America, According to OpenTable
- Why Star Bartender Julia Momose Is Embracing Mocktails
- D.C. Restaurant Owners Are Suing Donald Trump
- Why a Chicago Chef's Restaurant is Named After a Silent Artist
- Wonder Walls: How Restaurants Are Getting Into Custom Décor
- 4 Killer New Miami Restaurants and Brewpubs
Fresh's Eat, Pray, Love fragrance collection
Writer Elizabeth Gilbert’s best-selling memoir, Eat, Pray, Love opens in theaters this Friday and travel agents are betting that it will inspire and empower single women across the country to book a flight to India, Bali, Italy or perhaps all three. The movie even partnered with Lonely Planet, which has created a website recommending sights and hotels following Gilbert’s life-changing journey.
Gilbert loyalists have apparently already begun to descend upon the Roman gelateria that appears in both the book and film.
Anyone looking for a taste of Eat, Pray, Love closer to home should check out some of these inspirations:
Florida’s Little Palm Island Resort is offering an “Eat Pray Little Palm Island” package: five nights in a luxury thatched-roof bungalow suite with daily yoga, guided meditation and dinner and cooking classes with the resort’s chef.
The entire city of San Antonio is billing itself as an Eat, Pray, Love destination this summer with nearly a dozen travel packages themed around the film.
The Ellis Hotel in Atlanta has created an Eat, Pray, Love package that includes dinner (eat), a copy of the book, The Prophet (pray), and a one-night deluxe room accommodation (love), plus a copy of Gilbert’s book.
And for those who won’t be leaving home, Fresh has created a trio of fragrances inspired by Eat, Pray, Love. Eat has notes of Italian lemon, basil and bergamot; Pray has notes of incense, peony and patchouli and musk; and Love has hints of mango blossom, jasmine and velvet amber.
The more adventurous can check back tomorrow for my Eat, Pray, Love restaurant and hotel picks in India, Italy and Bali.