- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- More on Mario’s Super Bowl Super Party
- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
- Go Hog Wild at the NC Barbecue Revival This Weekend
- Party for a Cause at Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
- Party Like Nancy Reagan by Raiding This Extravagant Christie's Auction
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the 11th Euphoria Festival?
- Tim Love Cooks for Rock Stars
- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
Multitalented London ceramicist Peter Ting is also one of the most obsessive bakers I know. Looking for an excuse to indulge his baking passion and give back, he started a group in London called the Cake Committee, which hosts what I like to think of as grown-up bake sales. Members bring their best homemade sweets, mostly cakes, and select a charity to donate the profits to. The cake sales have been such a success that Ting has helped set up committee chapters (he calls them “slices”) in Singapore, Maine and now New York City. The first meeting of the NYC chapter is tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Maccarone Gallery. The $20 entrance fee will be donated to the Friends of the French Culinary Institute and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center. RSVP to email@example.com to eat cake for a cause.
© Courtesy of the Cake Committee