- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- Liquid Diet: Sommelier Steven Grubbs Quests for the Perfect Pourover
- Test Your Bartending Mettle at Anvil Bar’s Blind Spirits Tasting
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate is the Boozy Beverage You Need This Winter
- A Vegan Solution for Egg White Cocktails
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 9 Spring Break Cocktails to Make for a Spring Break Staycation
- 7 Cinco de Mayo Drinks That Aren't Margaritas
- Watch the Fastest, Fiercest Female Mixologists in Action at Speed Rack This Weekend
- Cocktail Time Traveling with PDT
Yesterday I met with the folks behind 360 Vodka, a new spirit positioning itself as the industry’s most eco-friendly booze. And it's dripping with greenness: The bottle is 85 percent recycled glass (with its naturally green tinge); the recycled paper label is printed with soy ink; the sturdy shipping boxes (recycled cardboard, of course) are sized to hold file folders; billboard advertisements will be made into shopping bags. Plus, the bottle’s nifty yoke closure can be returned (via the attached postage-paid envelope) in exchange for a $1 donation to an environment cause. The vodka itself? It’s quadruple-distilled from local grains (grown within 100 miles of the distillery) at an energy-efficient plant that captures the carbon dioxide produced by distillation. But how does it taste? It’s sweet, soft and mellow, perfectly pleasant on its own or in fruitier vodka drinks.
Or maybe that’s just the flavor of self-satisfaction.