- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
Captain Lawrence Brewing Company produces some of New York’s best craft beers, but a new item served in the upstate brewery’s tasting room will appeal to designated drivers.
Captain Lawrence produces some of New York’s best craft beers, but a new item served in the upstate brewery’s tasting room will appeal to designated drivers. On offer now are fantastic ginger ale, root beer and cola made with syrups from Drink More Good, a year-old Beacon, NY-based company that's set to unveil a major expansion. The ambitious upstart is moving from the tiny 100 square-foot store they've been operating out of since May 2013 into a 2,000 square-foot shop, kitchen and incubator, which will soft open at the end of January. There, customers will be able to buy syrups (which will be produced in a full commercial kitchen in the back of the shop), browse a library of books on cocktails, teas, sodas and bitters, taste at a loose-leaf tea counter, visit the soda-tasting bar and explore a station featuring over 100 different spices, herbs, roots and flowers. The company will also rent out the kitchen to other small, local producers. Of course, if you can't make it out to Beacon to pick up some syrups, you can always purchase them from Drink More Good's online store. Added bonus: Drink More Good gives 10 percent of quarterly net profits to Generosity Water, which works to provide clean water to developing countries in crisis.