- Steal This Cookbook
- A Cookbook from the World’s First Celebrity Chef
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Eschews Escoffier, Admires Ali-Bab
- This Cookbook Is the Chocolate Bible
- The Perfect Cookbook for Italian Daughters-in-Law
- The Cookbook That Teaches You How to Boil Water
- Nigel Slater's Recipes Will Transport You to Idyllic London
- Jimmy Bradley’s Favorite Storybook Cookbook
- The Ultimate Book for Fire-Loving Cooks
- Spain, Greece, the Middle East and North Africa...All in One Inspiring Cookbook
Chef Jessica Boncutter's River Café cookbooks are covered in grease, but she still keeps reading them.
Getting a chef to pick a favorite cookbook is like asking a parent to choose her most-loved child. But F&W pressed great cooks around the country to reveal their top picks of all-time.
The Chef: Jessica Boncutter, Bar Jules in San Francisco
The Book: The River Café cookbooks by Rose Gray and Ruth Rogers
“I have the same copies of the cookbooks from when I was working at the River Café,” says Boncutter. “They told me to get them my first day. I went back to my little apartment and read all of them. Now mine are covered in grease. Everything comes out perfectly and tastes so good. They’re also beautiful: The graphics are still cool, even 15 years later.”