- Here's What's Next for Nobu
- Farida Brings Dishes from the Mountains of Lebanon to Hollywood
- The Ivan Ramen Team’s Pizza Shop, Corner Slice, Is Open for Business
- Per Se Offers Discounted Dinner for Diners Under 30
- Artisanal Ice Cream Is Taking Over L.A.
- Noma Cofounder's Brooklyn Restaurant & Cooking School to Open This Spring
- Grant Achatz to Open The Aviary in New York
- Rome's Premier Pizza Makers Are Coming to America
- At L.A.'s Black Rabbit Rose, Magic Shows and Face-Melting Thai Food
- Planned Communities Are Turning Into Dining Destinations
Get excited, England. You’re getting your very own Dominique Ansel Bakery.
Earlier this morning, Cronut-creator and all-around dessert revolutionary Dominique Ansel announced that he is opening a branch of his eponymous bakery in London sometime this year—hopefully in late summer. "Give us a little buffer around that time," Ansel says. "We want to really do something thoughtful. We'll get there, we promise."
If this new location is anything like Ansel’s other international outpost in Japan, then the bakery’s British fans will be in for some exclusive creations. When he opened Dominique Ansel Bakery Tokyo, the ingenious French chef offered a few culturally inspired Tokyo-only pastries like cream-filled good luck cats and matcha cookies. Here’s hoping for over-the-top teacakes, mind-blowing minced meat pies and scones like you’ve never seen them before. Right now, Ansel is searching for a culinary team, so if you’re a London baker or one who’s up for a transatlantic move, get ready to apply for your dream job.