- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
- 13 Star Chefs Share Their New Year’s Resolutions
- 9 Off-Beat Stocking Stuffers from the Mr. Donahue’s Team in NYC
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Marcus Samuelsson's Harlem Thanksgiving
- Behold the Secret Burger Pizza at Emmy Squared’s Downstairs Bar
- Chef Travis Swikard's Guide to Autumn Squash
- Old Irving Brewing Opens, Bringing Pho-Flavored Beer to Chicago
© Petrina Tinslay
1. It'll be the first Disney animated movie with a black princess, Tiana, complete with puffy gown and diamond tiara.
2. The voice behind Tiana's mom: none other than Oprah.
3. Tiana is an aspiring chef who dreams of owning a restaurant—in New Orleans, no less.
In Tiana's honor, here are 10 great New Orleans recipes, like Allison Vines-Rushing and Slade Rushing’s Red Velvet cake (above).