- Liquid Diet: Sommelier Steven Grubbs Quests for the Perfect Pourover
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 9 Spring Break Cocktails to Make for a Spring Break Staycation
- 7 Cinco de Mayo Drinks That Aren't Margaritas
- Watch the Fastest, Fiercest Female Mixologists in Action at Speed Rack This Weekend
- Cocktail Time Traveling with PDT
- The Return of the 80s Cocktail
- Wine and Booze Experts Weigh the Repercussions of Brexit
- 5 Corn Cocktails That Scream Summer
- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
© Eleven Madison Park
Chef Daniel Humm at last year's Derby party.
I couldn’t be more excited about the weekend. During the day, I’ll be drinking mint juleps at Eleven Madison Park’s awesome Kentucky Derby party. Chef Daniel Humm has created Southern-inspired dishes like hush puppies with turkey leg confit and sorrel butter, biscuits with country ham and rhubarb marmalade, and fried chicken and waffles with bourbon maple syrup. The Master Distiller at Maker’s Mark will also be hosting bourbon tastings. (Maker’s Mark gave Humm some moonshine-esque White Dog–unaged Maker’s Mark bourbon–to play around with, and he's created a mignonette out of it for the oysters at the raw bar.)
At night, I’m amped to watch Floyd Mayweather, Jr., take on Sugar Shane Mosley in the boxing ring. After an unhealthy day of Southern-fried indulgence, I’ll be cooking a healthy dinner for friends inspired by dishes from Boston chef (and boxing hobbyist) Barbara Lynch.