- Clarified Lime Juice Makes the Coolest Mojito Ever
- Sesame, Mustard and Olive Oils Now Enhancing Cocktails
- 7 End-of-Summer Grape Cocktails
- 6 Fresh and Zingy Spring Cocktails
- 4 Crazy-Convincing Mocktails That Taste Just Like Real Booze
- Bartenders Discover Weed Cocktails
- Why Bartenders Are Burning Citrus to a Crisp
- 3 Ways Bartenders Are Making Hurricanes You'd Actually Want to Drink
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 8 Bloody Marys That Really Do Count as a Serving of Vegetables
© Eleven Madison Park
Chef Daniel Humm at last year's Derby party.
I couldn’t be more excited about the weekend. During the day, I’ll be drinking mint juleps at Eleven Madison Park’s awesome Kentucky Derby party. Chef Daniel Humm has created Southern-inspired dishes like hush puppies with turkey leg confit and sorrel butter, biscuits with country ham and rhubarb marmalade, and fried chicken and waffles with bourbon maple syrup. The Master Distiller at Maker’s Mark will also be hosting bourbon tastings. (Maker’s Mark gave Humm some moonshine-esque White Dog–unaged Maker’s Mark bourbon–to play around with, and he's created a mignonette out of it for the oysters at the raw bar.)
At night, I’m amped to watch Floyd Mayweather, Jr., take on Sugar Shane Mosley in the boxing ring. After an unhealthy day of Southern-fried indulgence, I’ll be cooking a healthy dinner for friends inspired by dishes from Boston chef (and boxing hobbyist) Barbara Lynch.