- Anthony Bourdain's Fitness Secret: Fighting
- This Food Has Displaced Cigarettes as Currency in Prison
- Love a Mall Food Court? You're Not Alone
- VIDEO: Seth Rogen Pranks Shoppers with Talking Food
- Print on Your Toast with Toasteroid
- This App Will Put Your Name on the List, Then Text You When Your Table Is Ready
- Hugh Grant Had a Very Bad Experience Involving Nathan's Hot Dogs
- Thanks to Global Warming, Raw Oysters Could Get Riskier
- Vegas’s Next Mega Food Destination
- How to Score a Restaurant Meal in London for Just $3
This week NYC hosted the Fancy Food Show, a sort of fashion show to the food world where specialty food companies debut new products and shop for distribution, and media types can get a sense of upcoming trends. The biggest crowds huddled around the new sodas and iced teas (now that Coca Cola has bought Glaceau for $400 million, and invested a rumored $100 million in Honest Tea, I think it's safe to say there's money to be made in both). Here are five favorites I thought you might enjoy sipping over the holiday weekend (great with Dominique Filoni's perfect french fries):
Organic lightly carbonated drinks from Germany with cool flavors like Elderberry & Lychee, exotic fruits that should be turning up more often in the soda aisle.
We covered this British company's dandelion soda in our March 2007 issue; also try their Victorian Lemonade, Orange Jigger and Shandy. Irresistably bubbly and not too sweet.
3. Dry Soda
This Seattle company launched in 2005, and comes in four clean flavors (kumquat, lavendar, lemongrass and rhubarb). This fall they'll debut Juniper and Vanilla, both designed by F&W Best New Chef 2006 Jason Wilson of Seattle's Crush.
4. Hi*Ball Energy
Kate Hudson, Orlando Bloom & Adam Brody have all been spotted drinking it, and with good reason - it's an energy drink from San Francisco that actually tastes like identifiable fruits like
grapefruit, orange and berry.
5. Wise Acre Frosteas and Frostbites
Frozen tea popsicles from a new Maine company, in fun grownup flavors like honey, jasmine green tea and (sweetened) yerba maté.