- Martha Stewart Wines and 7 More Quirky Things She's Put Her Name On
- This Dubious-Looking Burger Is the Only Food Offered On North Korea's State Airline
- Six Romantic Restaurant Proposals to Melt Your Heart
- Get Excited for $4 Four-Packs of Sparkling Wine from Trader Joe's
- China Offers to Eat the Oysters Flooding Denmark's Shores
- Trump Hotel SoHo's Sushi Restaurant To Close After Steep Business Decline
- Hershey Introduces Candy Inspired by 6 States Including a BBQ-Flavored Bar
- The Super-Long Sentence-Length Restaurant Naming Trend Happening Right Now
- Anthony Bourdain Returns to L.A. in the Season Premiere of 'Parts Unknown'
- This Beer Has 30 Lobsters in It
Hostess, the company behind the famous cream-filled tubes, has unveiled its very own prepackaged deep-fried Twinkies.
The deep-fried Twinkie has long reigned as the king of sweet, fried state fair foods. And soon, you'll be able to eat America's ultimate artery clogger in the privacy of your own home.
New York Post first reported rumors that prepackaged deep-fried Twinkies were coming last July, when Apollo Global Management and Metropoulous & Co—the company that owns Hostess—reported to potential investors that the fair favorite would potentially be added to its line-up of treats. And now, it's happening.
Shocking no one, Hostess's newest creation will be sold exclusively at Walmart. The Associated Press's Anne D'Innocenzio, who reports on the super-chain, broke the Twinkie news on Twitter.
According to D'Innocenzio, Walmart worked hand-in-hand with Hostess to develop the treat that is sure to be the hottest dessert to hit shelves since Patti Labelle's sweet potato pie. Unlike the original Twinkie, the deep-fried variety will be available in the freezer section rather than in the snack food aisle.