- Women Are Closing the Drinking Gap
- Bananas Could Be Heading for Extinction
- Brits Don't Want Their Croissants to be Crescent-Shaped
- The Most Essential Amazon Food Dash Buttons, Ranked
- Cook Live With Justin Warner Every Night Starting Next Week
- Scarlett Johansson's Lifelong Food Dream Realized
- Artist Francesca Pasquali Turns Drinking Straws Into Textured Visions
- Vegan Brisket Upsets Texans
- Anthony Bourdain Heads to Houston in Parts Unknown
- Halloween Candy Prices Are On the Rise for a Surprising Reason
Hostess, the company behind the famous cream-filled tubes, has unveiled its very own prepackaged deep-fried Twinkies.
The deep-fried Twinkie has long reigned as the king of sweet, fried state fair foods. And soon, you'll be able to eat America's ultimate artery clogger in the privacy of your own home.
New York Post first reported rumors that prepackaged deep-fried Twinkies were coming last July, when Apollo Global Management and Metropoulous & Co—the company that owns Hostess—reported to potential investors that the fair favorite would potentially be added to its line-up of treats. And now, it's happening.
Shocking no one, Hostess's newest creation will be sold exclusively at Walmart. The Associated Press's Anne D'Innocenzio, who reports on the super-chain, broke the Twinkie news on Twitter.
According to D'Innocenzio, Walmart worked hand-in-hand with Hostess to develop the treat that is sure to be the hottest dessert to hit shelves since Patti Labelle's sweet potato pie. Unlike the original Twinkie, the deep-fried variety will be available in the freezer section rather than in the snack food aisle.