- World Water Day 2017: 5 Things to Know About Water Consumption
- Why Does Wine Give You a Headache?
- Michelle Obama Faces Her Toughest Interviewer Yet—an 11-Year-Old MasterChef Junior Challenge Winner
- Rascal Flatts Takes Over the Kitchen at the Hermitage Cafe in Nashville
- The 5 Most Ethical Food Companies in the World
- 7 In-Flight Cocktails That Pair Perfectly With Your Destination
- D.C. Restaurant Owners Are Suing Donald Trump
- Beyoncé Announces 3 New Flavors of Watermelon Water
- Parents Are Suing Soy Nut Butter Maker Over E. Coli Contamination
- Blue Wine Returns to the Market with One Change
At F&W, we're forever obsessed with great cocktails and the best places to find them. So when POV opened in the nation's capital this week, our awesome Washington, DC, stringer Amanda McClements (you can also find her at metrocurean.com) went right out and started drinking the no-blender piña coladas (made with fresh pineapple soda, white rum and coconut cream). Here's her report:
DC's primo cocktail destination is back—and with better drinks. The historic Hotel Washington, recently transformed into a boutique W Hotel, opened its roof lounge this week. The terrace and adjoining bar have been dubbed POV for the “point of view,” an unrivaled panorama of downtown’s monuments and the White House; I hear you can see Sasha and Malia’s playground when the trees drop their leaves. NYC cocktail mastermind Sasha Petraske and hometown mixologist Justin Guthrie (previously of Michel Richard’s Central) created the drink list, which includes classics and seasonal concoctions like a Dark and Stormy mixed with ultra-spicy house-made ginger beer. The small-plates menu has dishes from Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s restaurants (his J&G Steakhouse is on the hotel’s ground floor), like chicken samosas with cilantro yogurt and goat cheese.