- Four Seasons Restaurant Auction Blasts Past Expectations
- Early Look: Fatty Crab St. John
- Urban Picnicking in Boston
- NYC's Top New Tapas
- White Truffle Mania
- 5 Best Cuisines for Gluten-Free Diners
- Batali Disciple in Cartagena
- Oatmeal, Cheaper, Faster and Better
- The Five Commandments for Making Perfect Biscuits
- The Perfect Miami Beach Food Weekend Part One
© Courtesy of Tom Colicchio
Dinner at Jaleo
Since we were planning to stay in DC for the night, Jose Andres encouraged us to have dinner at one of his restaurants. Although minibar at Café Atlantico is the talk of the town in Washington right now, I was in the mood for paella so we opted for Jose's bar and tapas joint, Jaleo.
Jaleo has been open for years and yet it's always festive and buzzing. Two highlights of our meal were a delicious arroz negro paella and lomo iberico, a salt-roasted pork tenderloin. Jose joined us for the second half of the meal, and it was great to have a chance to catch up with a good friend I don't see often enough.