- Day 5: Foraging For Mushrooms with MAW
- The Alice Waters of 1938
- The Brief, Wondrous Strawberry Season
- Urban Freezer Composting
- Highlights from Farm Aid 2007
- Honey of an Apple
- F&W Gift Guide Bonus Extras
- Table-to-Farm Dining
- 10 Steps to Transform Yourself from an Urbanite to a Farmer
- A Fergus Henderson Fantasy: Nose to Tail in Brooklyn
© Courtesy of Tom Colicchio
Dinner at Lantern
Once back in Chapel Hill, we headed straight for Lantern to taste Andrea's food for ourselves.
Lantern is widely known for marrying a farm-to-table philosophy to impeccably produced Pacific Rim cuisine, and Cane Creek is just one of many local farms and fisheries that Andrea features on her seasonally-driven menu. Local shrimp, sea trout, soft shell crab, flounder, mackerel, sea scallops, and a wide array of local vegetables all made it onto our table that night.
Over the course of the meal we also got a chance to see Cane Creek pork deployed in many forms. There was a lemongrass barbecued pork dish, a pork chop with a fried farm egg and spicy local cucumber mint salad, pork belly with 5-spice and pickled pumpkin, and lest any part of the pig be excluded, a head-to-tail pork terrine served with hakurei turnips.