- 14 Moments of Greatness at Food & Wine's Best New Chefs Party
- Op-Ed: The West Coast Is the Best Coast for Food in America
- Inside this Week's Contra + Gramercy Tavern Dinner
- Michael Gulotta of MoPho in New Orleans is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Best New Chef Brad Kilgore's 7-Minute Pizza
- Edouardo Jordan of Seattle’s Salare is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Ravi Kapur of San Francisco’s Liholiho Yacht Club is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Brad Kilgore of Miami’s Alter is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Iliana Regan of Chicago’s Elizabeth is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Aaron Silverman of DC’s Rose’s Luxury is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
I came up with a lot of the Hunt menu at Next while I was training for a marathon. That menu was not really about hunting, but about being outside and searching for something and taking in everything around you. I ran over a fallen birch tree, and it gave me the idea to serve a plate of appetizers on a log.
I’m a gearhead. When I was a kid, my neighbor was a race instructor and took me to the track. I saw a Mercedes C43 AMG and fell in love. My new car is the C63 AMG Coupe, first edition. It’s matte black, and it looks like the Batmobile.
I’ve talked a lot with mixologists about balance in food and cocktails. I got to work behind the bar at Pouring Ribbons in New York City, where I learned to make daiquiris. In Chicago, I mixed them at our bar, The Office. I’m not a bartender, but I’m confident in my ability to make daiquiris.