- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
If you find a box of Whatchamacallits, give them to Dale Talde to stash away for the apocalypse.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Dale Talde would bring rice, a bottle of Four Roses bourbon, canned sardines, salt and Whatchamacallits—crunchy, peanut buttery candy bars popularized in the 1980s with a New Wave-ish commercial. “Those are the best,” Talde says. “When you find them, you have to buy the whole box.”