- Jamie Bissonnette’s Wicked Quick Egg Salad Trick
- 6 Dishes Improved with a Poached Egg
- The Eggiest Egg Dish in the World
- Video: How to Make Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls Will Change Brunch Forever
- The 7 Best Biscuit Sandwiches
- 7 Reasons You Must Buy the Mad Genius Cookbook
- 7 Killer Corn Chowders
- The Best Trick for Cooking Button Mushrooms
- 9 Best DIY Condiments for Hot Dogs
Here, chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. shares the secret to the most incredible deviled egg ever.
At The Purple Pig in Chicago, chef Jimmy Bannos Jr. is known for his adventurous nose-to-tail cooking, which includes dishes like deep-fried pig's ear, turkey leg confit and pork tripe alla Parmigiana. But his menu is not all ears and innards. Jimmy serves stellar vegetable dishes—try his Charred Cauliflower with Cornichons—and reinvents classics like his over-the-top deviled egg, which, he says, "starts out like any deviled egg—hard-boiled, cut in half and yolk removed." Here, Jimmy shares the secret to the most incredible deviled egg ever:
"We blend the yolk to a really smooth texture and add béchamel, Parmigiano, Pecorino Noce, nutmeg and black pepper. We pipe this from a pastry bag into the middle of the egg (it's important to keep the original halves together so they fit correctly), overflowing a little so it acts like glue and keeps the egg halves together. We dip the egg in a mix of Wondra flour and water, then breadcrumbs, fry it up and serve with mixed greens and capers."
Related: The Best Deviled Egg Recipes
Holiday Hors D'Oeuvres