- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- Crazy-Good Chicken-Fried Rabbit
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 8 Almost-Effortless Holiday Roasts
- Root of all Goodness
- How to Make Mulled Wine Jell-O (Shots)
- 9 Ways to Flavor Braised Kale
- A Blogger’s Seed Swap
- 10 Tequila Cocktails for Cinco de Mayo
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
Each year we test hundreds of cookbooks in the F&W Test Kitchen. This week we mixed, baked and fried our way through the new one from Seattle’s infamous Top Pot: Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker, by brothers Mark and Michael Klebeck. The classic twists seen here, with and without glaze, had a deliciously yeasty dough seasoned with a hint of mace and were fried just like your granny used to do it—in a vat of superhot oil. Chronicle Books will release the tome on September 21, but in the meantime, here are some fantastic doughnut recipes (both baked and fried) from the F&W archives.