- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- Live-to-100 Salad with Pinot Gris
- Why Your Winter Salad Needs Lentils (and Wine)
- Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Lightly Sweet Riesling
- 7 Ways to Serve Clams
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew with Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 Ways to Use Apples
- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Broccoli Sandwich with a Bright, Crisp White
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
Each year we test hundreds of cookbooks in the F&W Test Kitchen. This week we mixed, baked and fried our way through the new one from Seattle’s infamous Top Pot: Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker, by brothers Mark and Michael Klebeck. The classic twists seen here, with and without glaze, had a deliciously yeasty dough seasoned with a hint of mace and were fried just like your granny used to do it—in a vat of superhot oil. Chronicle Books will release the tome on September 21, but in the meantime, here are some fantastic doughnut recipes (both baked and fried) from the F&W archives.