- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- Mexico Welcomes Rick Bayless into the Order of the Aztec Eagle
- Andrew Zimmern's Skordalia (Greek Potato Dip)
- Grilled Striped Bass with Sweet-and-Savory Caramel
- Why Not Beat Them First?
- 11 Ways to Use Carrots
- 5 Super-Refreshing Sangrias You Should Make Right Now
- 7 Recipes to Make Before Bananas Go Extinct
- Memories of South Fork and Cioppino with Mussels
Warning: Test Kitchen Tease snapshots may cause cravings, lip-smacking and an unshakeable desire to cook.
Each year we test hundreds of cookbooks in the F&W Test Kitchen. This week we mixed, baked and fried our way through the new one from Seattle’s infamous Top Pot: Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker, by brothers Mark and Michael Klebeck. The classic twists seen here, with and without glaze, had a deliciously yeasty dough seasoned with a hint of mace and were fried just like your granny used to do it—in a vat of superhot oil. Chronicle Books will release the tome on September 21, but in the meantime, here are some fantastic doughnut recipes (both baked and fried) from the F&W archives.