- How to Make Gnocchi French? Add Butter
- Crudité is the Perfect Way to Celebrate Spring and Summer Produce
- I Took a Bath in Maple Syrup
- Steak Frites Is the Perfect Date Food, According to Ludo Lefebvre
- Mushroom Hunting (and Cooking) Lessons from an Expert Forager
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Top 10 Food Moments Every 'Girls' Fan Will Remember
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
- Where to Eat While You Bet on March Madness in Vegas
Photo © David Malosh/ Art © James Maikowski.
Boxed candies can be supremely delicious and sexy. But to impress the truly chocolate-obsessed Valentine on Thursday—and provide shopping alternatives for stumped procrastinators—Momofuku Milk Bar’s sugar mastermind, Christina Tosi, reveals some of the more creative ways to enjoy chocolate.
1. Pair with fruits and vegetables. “Chocolate is a great way to hide the ‘healthy’ in your next tomato cake, beet, celery root or potato concoction, or zucchini bread!”
2. Serve with cheese. “Dark chocolate is great with any grassy cheese, and a great surprise on a cheese platter. You can even make a killer fudge sauce/spread with some grassy goat milk, to sit on your next cheese platter.”
3. Burn it. “Did you know that burning white chocolate slowly makes the most delicious, sweet brown butter bits?” Now you do.
4. Eat it on toast. “Or in toast! With passion fruit curd and a cup of coffee.”
Follow writer Jasmin Sun on Twitter @jasminsun.