- Why You Should Head to Las Vegas for Clam Chowder
- Timon Balloo’s “Fat Boy” Duck & Waffle
- The Secret to Zahav's Incredible Hummus
- David Guas’s Big Easy Beignets
- This Panna Cotta is an Ode to Fennel
- Andy Ricker’s Amazing All-Meat Thai Salad
- Why a $5,000 Burger Might Be the Best Deal in Las Vegas
- How Joey Campanaro Turns Kitchen Scraps into Delicious Pasta Sauce
- There’s More to This Salmon Crostini Than Meets the Eye
- The World’s Greatest Hazelnuts Go into This Parfait
They might not seem as sexy as salmon or kale, but chicken livers have every hallmark of a superfood.
They might not seem as sexy as salmon or kale, but chicken livers have every hallmark of a superfood. “They’re full of omega 3s,” says chef Shaun Doty, as well as vitamins and absorbable iron. At his chicken-centric Atlanta restaurant, Bantam + Biddy, he uses local livers to make his famed chopped chicken liver salad. “I roast them in a pan, cool them, chop them and mix them with locally raised eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and Hellman’s mayonnaise,” he says. The simple spread sounds like a classic Southern dish but Doty’s inspiration came from somewhere far above the Mason-Dixon line: New York’s legendary Katz’s Deli.