- An L.A. Chef’s Sashimi-Enhanced Croque-Madam
- Cathal Armstrong’s Cult 'Boiling Bacon'
- Mourad Lahlou’s Flaky, Meaty Basteeya
- The Most Lobster-Packed Lobster Pasta Ever
- The Surprising Inspiration Behind Eric Ripert's Signature Tuna Dish
- Scott Conant’s Signature Spaghetti
- Andy Ricker’s Amazing All-Meat Thai Salad
- Hugh Acheson’s Collard Greens Are Better Than Your Grandmother’s
- The Caramel Cake Worth Crying Over
- A New England Chef's Secret for Cooking Tons of Lobster
They might not seem as sexy as salmon or kale, but chicken livers have every hallmark of a superfood.
They might not seem as sexy as salmon or kale, but chicken livers have every hallmark of a superfood. “They’re full of omega 3s,” says chef Shaun Doty, as well as vitamins and absorbable iron. At his chicken-centric Atlanta restaurant, Bantam + Biddy, he uses local livers to make his famed chopped chicken liver salad. “I roast them in a pan, cool them, chop them and mix them with locally raised eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and Hellman’s mayonnaise,” he says. The simple spread sounds like a classic Southern dish but Doty’s inspiration came from somewhere far above the Mason-Dixon line: New York’s legendary Katz’s Deli.