Mario Batali, right, ready to party with Jose Andres.
There are two things that top my wish list for F&W’s upcoming Classic in Aspen 2010
. The first is to party with Mario Batali
. The second is to try and do something charitable in the middle of all the ridiculous chefs’ demos and wine tastings and general craziness. Well, Mario’s making this very easy for me this year by hosting his second annual T-Bones & Tequila party on Thursday, June 17, to benefit the Mario Batali Foundation
for kids. (“I’m excited to be kicking off the Aspen Food & Wine Classic with my kick-ass party,” he says.) Basically, it’s going to be the ultimate house party, and here’s why:
1. It features some of Mario’s best Italian grilling recipes
. (Maybe, just maybe, he’ll preview some dishes from his upcoming Eataly market
2. It’s got all kinds of tequila drinks and
a tequila-tasting bar.
3. It boasts a musical performance by the inimitable Joe Bastianich
, Mario’s business partner and resident wine genius.
4. It takes place at the impossible-to-get-into Two Twelve house.
5. It benefits MBF, Mario’s excellent foundation, which works to ensure that kids are well read, well fed and well cared for.
Tax-deductible tickets for Mario's excellent party are $175. They’re available at mariobatalifoundation.org
or by calling 630-618-4756.