- How René Redzepi Is Giving Back to the Culinary Community in Mexico
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- Angie Mar Dreams of Ribeye at The Beatrice Inn, Revamped and Opening Today
- At Nixta, Cauliflower Tortillas and Pisco Sours Are on the Menu
- 7 New Restaurants That Defy Culinary Trends
- Where to Eat Detroit-Style Pizza, Outside Detroit
- Team Estela Opens Flora Bar and Flora Coffee Tonight in The Met Breuer
- Toups South Opens with Aaron Franklin’s Smoker and a 160-Year-Old Bar
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
One more reason to love Google: Its just-launched Favorite Places feature, which fuses its online maps with recommendations by some 200 experts and celebrities on the spots they love most around the world. A sampling of the food-world luminaries and their picks:
© Robert Whitman
Ferran Adrià The avant-garde Spanish chef dishes on his favorite restaurants and food markets, from Blue Hill at Stone Barns, F&W Best New Chef 2002 Dan Barber's outpost in Pocantico Hills, New York, to Eataly in Turin, Italy.
Nobu Matsuhisa An F&W Best New Chef 1989 and the chef-proprietor of the ever-expanding Nobu empire announces his favorite restaurant in the world (surprise: it's in Venice). He also reveals the private island he retreats to when he wants to get away.
Alice Waters The local-foods champion recommends an affordable Mexican joint in the Bay Area, plus her go-to pizza spots like Pizzeria Delfina in San Francisco.
F&W offers more chef-approved picks from around the world, including Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio on Los Angeles (pictured), F&W Best New Chef 2004 Bradford Thompson on Jamaica, and Philadelphia chef Jose Garces on Mexico.