- This Lower Calorie Option Is Now Olive Garden's Most Popular Dish
- Desmond Tan Spreads Love and Tea Leaf Salad in His New Cookbook
- McCrady’s Alum Michael Kramer Debuts a Pasta Palace in Greenville, SC
- The French Laundry Is Using Tock to Streamline Its Reservation Process
- Chris Cosentino Opens Jackrabbit in Portland
- Charles Masson Brings Back the Art of Tableside Service at Majorelle
- The 100 Hottest Restaurants in America, According to OpenTable
- Why Star Bartender Julia Momose Is Embracing Mocktails
- D.C. Restaurant Owners Are Suing Donald Trump
- Why a Chicago Chef's Restaurant is Named After a Silent Artist
One more reason to love Google: Its just-launched Favorite Places feature, which fuses its online maps with recommendations by some 200 experts and celebrities on the spots they love most around the world. A sampling of the food-world luminaries and their picks:
© Robert Whitman
Ferran Adrià The avant-garde Spanish chef dishes on his favorite restaurants and food markets, from Blue Hill at Stone Barns, F&W Best New Chef 2002 Dan Barber's outpost in Pocantico Hills, New York, to Eataly in Turin, Italy.
Nobu Matsuhisa An F&W Best New Chef 1989 and the chef-proprietor of the ever-expanding Nobu empire announces his favorite restaurant in the world (surprise: it's in Venice). He also reveals the private island he retreats to when he wants to get away.
Alice Waters The local-foods champion recommends an affordable Mexican joint in the Bay Area, plus her go-to pizza spots like Pizzeria Delfina in San Francisco.
F&W offers more chef-approved picks from around the world, including Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio on Los Angeles (pictured), F&W Best New Chef 2004 Bradford Thompson on Jamaica, and Philadelphia chef Jose Garces on Mexico.