- Emeril Lagasse’s Bacony Sauteed Radishes
- Thanksgivingukkah in Rwanda
- Jose Andres’s Homestyle Chicken Thighs
- Pay-What-You-Want Restaurants
- How Common Threads Can Get Kids Cooking For Life
- Five Thousand-Plus Cookies and Other Big Numbers from the Chefs for Kids Cancer Gala
- Edible Schoolyard Throws the Best Parties, Takes Kids on Epic Field Trips
- Chefs Pledge to Save the Striped Bass
- NYC’s Top Women Chefs Will Cook for a Cause
- Inside City Harvest’s Brilliant New Cookbook
This Wednesday April 2, at Ginny’s Supper Club underneath Red Rooster Harlem, Marcus Samuelsson will host a benefit to for the American Red Cross Greater New York East Harlem Collapse Relief Fund.
The tragic East Harlem explosion of March 12 occurred only blocks from his restaurant. This Wednesday April 2, at Ginny’s Supper Club underneath Red Rooster Harlem, Marcus Samuelsson will host a benefit to for the American Red Cross Greater New York East Harlem Collapse Relief Fund. And he’s recruited a passel of chef-friends to help him.
Chef Aaron Sanchez is co-hosting; Jonathan Waxman is serving Barbuto favorites to compliment the Red Rooster menu, which itself is luxe (read: deviled eggs with caviar.) Karl Franz Williams from the nearby lounge 67 Orange Street will mix cocktails; and Amanda Freitag will MC the live auction. Attendees can bid on any of several NYC-based packages, including New York Giants tickets and opening-night tickets to “The Maids” starring Cate Blanchett. "It's amazing that so people have jumped on board to help,” Samuelsson says. “The response says a lot about the close-knit community in Harlem, and how we all come together in a time of need." General admission tickets are $175. Tickets to the VIP hour are $350.