- 5 Survival Soups
- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Ryan Lowder’s Spicy Survival Snack
- Don’t Mess with Kyle Bailey’s Spoon
- Why You Should Camp with Canola
- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
Chef Nancy Silverton’s emergency pack sounds more like a shopping list at a high-end Italian market than a survival kit.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, a la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Nancy Silverton’s emergency pack sounds more like a shopping list at a high-end Italian market than a survival kit. She would take a jar of ventresca (tuna belly packed in olive oil), borlotti beans, extra-virgin olive oil, an onion, a knife and some radicchio. “I probably wouldn’t need sea salt,” she says. “But let’s put that in, too.”