- Video: Top Chef Alum Gregory Gourdet's Incredible Grapefruit and Asian Pear Salad
- Video: Chef Jason Stratton on the Pros and Cons of Culinary School
- Video: Chef Todd Richards' Crazy-Good Hot Chicken-Style Shrimp
- Watch: Inside Opening Night at Oro in San Francisco
- Video: How a Chef Born in Rural Australia Thinks About Flavor
- Video: How Ivan Orkin Became a Ramen Guru
- Watch: 50 Seconds of Gorgeous Fall Squash
- Video: The Ultimate Italian Sub
- Watch: 3 of Nicole Krasinski's Gorgeous Desserts in 45 Seconds
- A Seattle Chef on the Thrills and Scary Moments Behind Opening a Restaurant
Growing up in Jacksonville, Florida, Joshua Skenes spent a lot of time in the woods and camping.
Growing up in Jacksonville, Florida, Joshua Skenes spent a lot of time in the woods and camping. "I remember catching water snakes and filleting them when I was eight years old, remembering to take out the poison sac before sautéing them," says Skenes. Nature inspires every aspect of his San Francisco restaurant, Saison, from the hand-crafted wooden tables to the use of fire for cooking a main component in every dish.
Food & Wine is partnering with Chefs Feed, a brilliant chef-driven guide to the country's best restaurants and dishes (now available as an app), to bring you a series of gorgeous videos featuring the country's best cooking talents. Check back each week for a new installment.