- How to Make Eric Ripert's Provençal Vegetable Soup
- How to Make Francis Mallmann's Gnocchi with Chorizo Sauce
- How to Make Travis Lett's Killer Aioli BLT
- How to Make Fabio Trabocchi’s Risotto-Style Penne with Tomatoes
- How to Make Suzanne Goin's Beer-Steamed Shrimp
- How To Make Maura Kilpatrick's Espresso-Laced Pecan Pie
- How to Make the Best Holiday Ham Ever
- How to Make Claus Meyer's Danish Rye Bread
- Bobby Flay's Ultimate Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich
- How to Make Crab Cakes with Smoky Onion Remoulade
Jessica Koslow of L.A.’s breakfast and lunch spot Sqirl shares the recipe for her satisfying squash and sprouts bowl.
Jessica Koslow, chef-owner of L.A.’s breakfast and lunch spot Sqirl and takeout counter Sqirl Away, is a snacker. “My dinner might be popcorn,” she confesses. “Or ice cream.” But throughout the day, she grazes on more nourishing dishes: thick-cut toast with her housemade jam, spoonfuls of vegan porridge, bites of her sprouts bowl with lebneh, squash and pomegranate. “I cook how I want to eat,” Koslow says. “Comforting yet bright, light and delicious.” Her forthcoming book, Everything I Want to Eat, will simplify her dishes for the home cook, with tips like spreading the lebneh on the bottom of the bowl to make a tangy base for the salad. And she has a prediction: “I’m putting this out there—2016 is the year of the sprouts.” 720 Virgil Ave.; sqirlla.com.
Get Jessica Koslow's satisfying Squash and Sprouts Bowl recipe here.