- Nancy Silverton's Best Fall Salad
- Alex Guarnaschelli's Flawless Tomato Soup
- How to Make Claus Meyer's Danish Rye Bread
- How to Make the Best Holiday Ham Ever
- How To Make Maura Kilpatrick's Espresso-Laced Pecan Pie
- How to Make Suzanne Goin's Beer-Steamed Shrimp
- How to Make Fabio Trabocchi’s Risotto-Style Penne with Tomatoes
- How to Make Travis Lett's Killer Aioli BLT
- Chef Michael Schwartz Taunts Body-Conscious Miamians with this Incredible Leg of Lamb
- How to Make Eric Ripert's Provençal Vegetable Soup
Jessica Koslow of L.A.’s breakfast and lunch spot Sqirl shares the recipe for her satisfying squash and sprouts bowl.
Jessica Koslow, chef-owner of L.A.’s breakfast and lunch spot Sqirl and takeout counter Sqirl Away, is a snacker. “My dinner might be popcorn,” she confesses. “Or ice cream.” But throughout the day, she grazes on more nourishing dishes: thick-cut toast with her housemade jam, spoonfuls of vegan porridge, bites of her sprouts bowl with lebneh, squash and pomegranate. “I cook how I want to eat,” Koslow says. “Comforting yet bright, light and delicious.” Her forthcoming book, Everything I Want to Eat, will simplify her dishes for the home cook, with tips like spreading the lebneh on the bottom of the bowl to make a tangy base for the salad. And she has a prediction: “I’m putting this out there—2016 is the year of the sprouts.” 720 Virgil Ave.; sqirlla.com.
Get Jessica Koslow's satisfying Squash and Sprouts Bowl recipe here.