- A Brilliant Biodynamic White from Oregon
- Last-Gasp-of-Winter White
- A Terrific Chianti Classico (With Some Age)
- A $10 Red Made By a Tuscan Superstar
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- In Defense of Cabernet Franc
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
This lightly oaked Chardonnay is delicious with or without food.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Robert Yealu, general manager, Menu MBK in Washington, DC
What: 2012 Novellum Chardonnay
Why: “This is a beautiful expression of Chardonnay from the unsung French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon. I am always impressed with this wine, which presents with big tropical fruits of banana and lychee, and drinks super-smooth. This lightly oaked Chardonnay works well as a white wine with dinner, or enjoyed without food while relaxing on the couch.”