- Fancy Brooklyn Condos Come with Rooftop Farmland
- The Surprising Benefits of Eating Super-Spicy Food for Every Single Meal
- How Tiny Insects Are Making Huge Strides in Sustainable Agriculture
- These Are Things You're Overpaying for at Restaurants
- A Champagne Vending Machine Is Coming Soon to New Orleans
- Oreo Will Be Releasing Two New Flavors, But There's a Catch
- Want Free Wendy’s Nuggets for a Year? It’ll Cost You 18 Million Retweets
- Wine Tasting Engages Your Brain More Than Any Other Behavior, Says Neuroscientist
- Exclusive: Tom Colicchio Talks Craft and Hunger on National Geographic Explorer
- Is This the World’s Most Expensive Bar Crawl?
It’s all about the veggies.
While National Eat Your Vegetables Day might sound like an excuse to force vegetables on children, Foursquare has taken the day as an opportunity to roll out its brand new vegetarian feature.
Foursquare, which you might remember as the check-in app (that’s now their sister app, Swarm), is a curated city guide app with information about where to go and what to do in cities around the world. Now, Foursquare has enabled users to adjust their profile settings to reflect their vegetarianism.
With the vegetarian profile settings, Foursquare brings the best places for vegetarians to the top of each search and highlights restaurants’ delicious meat-free dishes. This makes it extremely easy to eat out as a vegetarian or with your vegetarian friends.
If you can’t make it to one of Foursquare’s recommended veggie-friendly spots, check out some of our favorite vegetarian recipes to celebrate the day.