- Every Food Is a Snack Now
- The New York Times Introduces New Food Delivery Service
- Edible Schoolyard Throws the Best Parties, Takes Kids on Epic Field Trips
- Eating Leafy Greens Is Good For Your Brain
- It's Hard to Find a Snack at the Olympics
- Good Gut Bacteria Love Leafy Greens, Says Study
- Nope, a Vegetarian Diet Won't Kill You
- Does This Nutella Ingredient Really Cause Cancer?
- Star Chef’s All-Vegetarian Restaurant Opens in Newark Airport
- Morton Salt on a Mission to Become the Hippest Seasoning in the World
It’s all about the veggies.
While National Eat Your Vegetables Day might sound like an excuse to force vegetables on children, Foursquare has taken the day as an opportunity to roll out its brand new vegetarian feature.
Foursquare, which you might remember as the check-in app (that’s now their sister app, Swarm), is a curated city guide app with information about where to go and what to do in cities around the world. Now, Foursquare has enabled users to adjust their profile settings to reflect their vegetarianism.
With the vegetarian profile settings, Foursquare brings the best places for vegetarians to the top of each search and highlights restaurants’ delicious meat-free dishes. This makes it extremely easy to eat out as a vegetarian or with your vegetarian friends.
If you can’t make it to one of Foursquare’s recommended veggie-friendly spots, check out some of our favorite vegetarian recipes to celebrate the day.