- A Guide to What's Hot in Piedmont Right Now
- Blue Wine Returns to the Market with One Change
- Here's a New Way to Spend $100,000 on Wine
- 17 Wine Resolutions for 2017 from Top Sommeliers
- Wine Predictions from a Guy Who Sells 42 Million Bottles a Year
- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Billionaire Jack Ma Buys Bordeaux Vineyard, Plans to Make It a Mini Versailles
- Americans Sure Do Love Their Sweet Red Wine Blends
- Smart Wine Dispenser Learns Your Palate (Sort of)
- This Serbian Artist Paints with Wine
© Courtesy of DVF Wines
2009 Bota Box Chardonnay.
Why look past the cheesy stigma this summer? Boxes are lighter (therefore greener) and easier to close than bottles. That portability makes them great if you're inclined to partake at beach picnics, and researchers in Spain recently suggested that wine could even protect against sunburn (though dehydration is still something to worry about when day-drinking). The biggest advantage is that whites will stay fresh in your fridge for weeks, making it easy to squeeze off a glass whenever a new heat wave rolls into town. Here, surprisingly good boxed wines to drink now.