- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search. Read more >
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Anthony Giglio, wine writer and speaker extraordinaire
What: Hope Family Wines Troublemaker Blend 6
Why: “Austin Hope’s Troublemaker satisfies both sides of my wine-drinking brain,” says Giglio. On one side, he craves the spicy wines of France’s Rhône Valley; while the other side wants lots of fruit, which makes the wines easy to drink. Troublemaker delivers Rhône-inspired finesse and New World gulpability. To keep the price down and the wine consistent, it is made with a mix of vintages. “Drink it with food. Without food. It's delicious,” says Giglio. Note: This wine might seem like a bit of a cheat: The official suggested retail price of the bottle is $20. That said, it’s widely available around the country for less than $17.