- Every Food Is a Snack Now
- Edible Schoolyard Throws the Best Parties, Takes Kids on Epic Field Trips
- The New York Times Introduces New Food Delivery Service
- Eating Leafy Greens Is Good For Your Brain
- It's Hard to Find a Snack at the Olympics
- Good Gut Bacteria Love Leafy Greens, Says Study
- Nope, a Vegetarian Diet Won't Kill You
- Does This Nutella Ingredient Really Cause Cancer?
- Star Chef’s All-Vegetarian Restaurant Opens in Newark Airport
- Morton Salt on a Mission to Become the Hippest Seasoning in the World
We’ve officially reached peak brunch.
All your yolky, boozy, avocado-toasty dreams are about to come true. On August 14, the first ever BrunchCon, a festival dedicated to all things brunch, will cold brew its way into Downtown Los Angeles.
The BrunchCon website doesn’t yet list many details about the daylong convention, but Time Out Los Angeles reports that there will be chef demos, brunchy beverages, tastings and a market—presumably stocked with bloody mary mixes and lots and lots of bacon. While the list of vendors is far from complete, current participants include Poppy and Rose, Bang Bang (a monthly brunch pop-up), Sonny’s Hideaway and Escala.
We know it’s wishful thinking, but we’re pulling for a true con experience at BrunchCon. We’re talking obsessive fans getting their egg cartons signed by chefs, exclusive sneak peeks of upcoming waffle releases and, of course, cosplayers dressed as their favorite brunch dishes or drinks. (Dibs on eggs in purgatory!)
Tickets go on sale May 1, but you can sign up for a reminder here.