- Detroit Hotspot Katoi Raises $20,000 After a Devastating Fire
- How the Owner of San Francisco's Coolest Champagne Bar Hosts a Party
- The Wahlbergs Are Being Sued for Expanding Their Wahlburgers Chain
- What's Inside a Hawaiian Wellington?
- Dozens of Workers Fired After Protesting on 'Day Without Immigrants'
- One of the World's Best Restaurants Is Staging a 2-Night Pop-Up in Brooklyn
- How It Feels to Be an Immigrant Worker in a Restaurant Kitchen Now
- Restaurants Around the Country Show Support for #ADayWithoutImmigrants
- Fidel Castro's Private Chef Tells You Where to Eat in Havana
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
Earlier this summer, New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg declared the month of July Good Beer Month. With July nearly over, I plan on celebrating with a good brew (or two or three) tomorrow night at Good Beer at BAM. A dozen restaurants and food artisans will be providing beer-friendly food for this event at the Brooklyn Academy of Music; experts like Brooklyn Brewery’s Garrett Oliver will find the perfect matches from among a dozen breweries, including Allagash and Ommegang. (Confirmed pairings include Gramercy Tavern’s home brew with house-made sausages and Widow's Hole oysters with Left Hand Brewing's Milk Stout.) There will even be beer desserts from the Bent Spoon, including "Dark Philosophy," 61 percent chocolate ice cream flavored with Ommegang's Three Philosophers and cherries.
Tickets are still available. Buy them here.