When you’re down to the wire and dessert isn’t made, go for a simple whole fruit dessert like these individual apple crumbles from our sister brand Cooking Light. They're made with cinnamon sugar and crispy streusel, making them an easy but eye-catching sweet treat. Save the cores so you can make apple vinegar.
- 7 No Waste Tips for Using Fruit and Vegetable Peels
- Thanksgiving Fruit Desserts
- Autumn Fruit-Infused Bourbon
Here, five more whole fruit desserts to make at the last minute.
1. Poached Pears with Prunes
These tender pears make for a lightly spiced, Moroccan–inspired dessert that pairs well with a sweet Moscato.
2. Pineapple Foster
You only need five ingredients to make this slightly boozy cake, but don’t leave off the vanilla ice cream.
3. Plum Compote with Star Anise
Star Anise adds a licorice-y flavor to this simple yet innovative plum dish.
4. Roasted Bananas with Spiced Syrup and Candied Nuts
By studding a whole banana with an array of flavors, like vanilla and coffee, then roasting, you get a dessert that looks as interesting as it tastes.
5. Sliced Oranges with Thyme Syrup
A thyme-infused simple syrup poured over orange slices couldn’t be easier or prettier.