Stephanie Izard has some massive news for us this week!!!
As of today, we are officially entering the Chinese Year of the Goat (or sheep depending on your translation of Mandarin). But for Stephanie Izard, it's definitely all about goat. And in honor of Chinese New Year, the Food & Wine Best New Chef 2011 and #FOODWINEWOMEN superstar reveals the massive news to us that she is opening her third restaurant in Chicago this summer.
Here's what you need to know and why the timing is appropriate:
1. It will be called Duck Duck Goat.
2. The super cute name references our favorite kind of duck, the Peking kind.
3. That's because the restaurant will be Chinese!
4. Izard's been making Chinese food since she was a kid: "Mu shu pork, though much better at some places than others, always reminds me of cooking with my mom, who was a great cook. She passed away a couple of years ago, so I love when dishes remind me of her," Izard told the women of COOKGIRL this week.
5. To research, Izard toured parts of China including Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai and Hangzhou. The above photo shows her pulling noodles like a boss.
6. In addition to upping their noodle game, Izard and staff are training in handmade dumplings and Chinese butchery.