- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
Rice Krispies Treats aren't the only way to use the classic puffed rice cereal.
From savory brussels sprouts to luscious chocolate layer cake, here are nine excellent ways to use Rice Krispies.
1. Rosemary Chicken with Rice Krispies
Star chef Roy Choi says this crazy-crispy, cereal-topped chicken sounds a little weird, "but you're gonna love it!"
2. Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Rice Topping
Instead of marshmallows, these fluffy sweet potatoes are topped with crunchy Rice Krispies.
3. Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Mint
David Chang's savory dish gets its amazing texture thanks to Rice Krispies.
4. Cheese Crisps
Rice Krispies give these cheddary wafers their terrific crackle.
5. Charred Broccoli with Blue Cheese Dressing and Spiced Crispies
Top Chef alum Stephanie Izard amps up broccoli with a butter-toasted Rice Krispies topping.
6. Crunchy Milk Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layer Cake
This incredible layer cake features a filling made with almonds, salted peanuts, creamy peanut butter, chocolate and Rice Krispies.
7. Spicy Cashew Brittle and Chocolate Crunch Bark
Chocolate and Rice Krispies is all you need for crunchy chocolate bark.
8. Rice Brittle Crunch
Peanut brittle mixed with crispy rice cereal makes an excellent ice cream topping.
9. Caramel Cream Pie with Crispy Rice Topping
This surprisingly luxe dessert features humble ingredients like graham crackers (crushed with hazelnuts to yield a tender crust) and puffed rice cereal (transformed into a brilliant topping).