- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
Rice Krispies Treats aren't the only way to use the classic puffed rice cereal.
From savory brussels sprouts to luscious chocolate layer cake, here are nine excellent ways to use Rice Krispies.
1. Rosemary Chicken with Rice Krispies
Star chef Roy Choi says this crazy-crispy, cereal-topped chicken sounds a little weird, "but you're gonna love it!"
2. Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Rice Topping
Instead of marshmallows, these fluffy sweet potatoes are topped with crunchy Rice Krispies.
3. Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Mint
David Chang's savory dish gets its amazing texture thanks to Rice Krispies.
4. Cheese Crisps
Rice Krispies give these cheddary wafers their terrific crackle.
5. Charred Broccoli with Blue Cheese Dressing and Spiced Crispies
Top Chef alum Stephanie Izard amps up broccoli with a butter-toasted Rice Krispies topping.
6. Crunchy Milk Chocolate-Peanut Butter Layer Cake
This incredible layer cake features a filling made with almonds, salted peanuts, creamy peanut butter, chocolate and Rice Krispies.
7. Spicy Cashew Brittle and Chocolate Crunch Bark
Chocolate and Rice Krispies is all you need for crunchy chocolate bark.
8. Rice Brittle Crunch
Peanut brittle mixed with crispy rice cereal makes an excellent ice cream topping.
9. Caramel Cream Pie with Crispy Rice Topping
This surprisingly luxe dessert features humble ingredients like graham crackers (crushed with hazelnuts to yield a tender crust) and puffed rice cereal (transformed into a brilliant topping).