- 5 Incredible Holiday Crème Brûlées
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- 5 Ways You Never Knew You Could Use Frosting
- How to Master Carrots for the Holidays
- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- Freezing Techniques
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
- 5 New Ways to Make Biscuits
- How to Make Incredible Brussels Sprouts
Potatoes have a lot of potential. While they're obviously incredible mashed, there are more elaborate, holiday-worthy pototo preparations out there. In the above video, our sister brand Cooking Light shows you how to make a gorgeous Hasselback Potato, which combines the softness of a baked potato with the crispiness of a fry. Delicious and impressive, it’s a perfect holiday side.
Here, more recipes for potatoes with flair.
1. Crispy, Creamy Potato Puffs
These cheesy Chilean bites are an amazing idea for a surprising starter.
2. Poutine-Style Twice-Baked Potatoes
Sour cream, gravy, mozzarella and more make these potatoes ridiculously indulgent.
3. Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs
A creamy yet creamless gratin that nonetheless is packed with flavor thanks to rosemary and thyme.
4. Sausage-Stuffed Potato Galette
Fennel and pork sausage make this galette a great Christmas brunch dish.
5. Baked Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Ragù
Any combination of mushrooms will work in this stunning vegetarian side.
6. Herbed Potato Soufflé
The strong starchiness of potatoes makes this soufflé a perfect one to make for anyone usually afraid to make such a delicate dish.
7. Rösti Potatoes
These Swiss-style potatoes are shaped into cakes and get a great crunchy crust.