- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- Southern Living's Sweet Potato Casserole Will Stop Your Heart (But It Will Be Worth It)
- 5 Ways to Throw the Best Latke Party
- The Ultimate Guide to Prepping, Cooking and Carving a Thanksgiving Turkey
- How to Saber a Bottle of Champagne
- 5 Healthy Ways to Prepare Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- 5 Ways to Cook a Thanksgiving Turkey Without an Oven
- How to Infuse Your New Year with More Chocolate
- How to Make Cranberry Sangria
- 5 Best Granitas
Potatoes have a lot of potential. While they're obviously incredible mashed, there are more elaborate, holiday-worthy pototo preparations out there. In the above video, our sister brand Cooking Light shows you how to make a gorgeous Hasselback Potato, which combines the softness of a baked potato with the crispiness of a fry. Delicious and impressive, it’s a perfect holiday side.
Here, more recipes for potatoes with flair.
1. Crispy, Creamy Potato Puffs
These cheesy Chilean bites are an amazing idea for a surprising starter.
2. Poutine-Style Twice-Baked Potatoes
Sour cream, gravy, mozzarella and more make these potatoes ridiculously indulgent.
3. Healthy Potato Gratin with Herbs
A creamy yet creamless gratin that nonetheless is packed with flavor thanks to rosemary and thyme.
4. Sausage-Stuffed Potato Galette
Fennel and pork sausage make this galette a great Christmas brunch dish.
5. Baked Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Ragù
Any combination of mushrooms will work in this stunning vegetarian side.
6. Herbed Potato Soufflé
The strong starchiness of potatoes makes this soufflé a perfect one to make for anyone usually afraid to make such a delicate dish.
7. Rösti Potatoes
These Swiss-style potatoes are shaped into cakes and get a great crunchy crust.