- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
- 7 Manly Cocktails to Make with Lillet
- Who Needs Craft Beer
- Drink Like the Spanish, Drink Vermouth
Chef Amy Tornquist of Watts Grocery in Durham, North Carolina only drinks about six beers a year, so she makes them count.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender's expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Amy Tornquist of Watts Grocery in Durham, North Carolina only drinks about six beers a year, so she makes them count. “Right now I’m enjoying Endless River Kolsch from Mother Earth Brewing,” she says. “It’s delicious. I don’t know anything about beer, so I can just tell you inelegantly what I like about it: It’s beer-y but not too hoppy or watery. It’s got some tartness. And it’s not one of those super-high-octane beers that make me feel wasted after just one.”