- Mike Brown's Tequila-Mezcal Situation
- An Honest Pale Ale
- Bitter Cocktails Even Campari-Haters Will Love
- A Sweet, Italian Liqueur for the Holidays
- 9 Ways to Make a Manhattan
- The Best Cherry for a Manhattan
- A Funkier Glass of Sparkling
- Nor'Easter, on the Rocks
- Joe Beef's Chef Prefers Two-Ingredient Cocktails
- The Easiest Fall Cocktail Ever
Chef Amy Tornquist of Watts Grocery in Durham, North Carolina only drinks about six beers a year, so she makes them count.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender's expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
Chef Amy Tornquist of Watts Grocery in Durham, North Carolina only drinks about six beers a year, so she makes them count. “Right now I’m enjoying Endless River Kolsch from Mother Earth Brewing,” she says. “It’s delicious. I don’t know anything about beer, so I can just tell you inelegantly what I like about it: It’s beer-y but not too hoppy or watery. It’s got some tartness. And it’s not one of those super-high-octane beers that make me feel wasted after just one.”