- 5 DIY Croutons to Upgrade Any Salad
- 5 DIY Wontons
- 5 DIY Accoutrements for the Perfect Cheese Plate
- Chris Shepherd Wants to Miso Everything
- 5 Recipes for DIY Onion Rings
- How to Embrace Winter, From the Authors of 'A Wilder Life'
- How to Make Marmalade
- 7 DIY Chinese Take-out Recipes
- Put Up & Shut Up - Zen and the Art of Jam Maintenance
- 7 Happy Hour Drinks to Make in 10 Minutes or Less
Here, Seattle chef and restaurateur Ethan Stowell of Staple & Fancy shares his ultimate DIY spinach salad guide, featuring an easy vinaigrette and four inspiring variations.
Red Wine–Dijon Vinaigrette
Total: 15 min; Makes 3/4 cup
In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup dry red wine to a simmer. Cook over moderate heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl to cool. Whisk in 1/4 cup red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in 1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil until well emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
FARRO + MARINATED ARTICHOKES + OLIVES
HARICOTS VERTS + CRAB + AVOCADO
Related: Best Salad Recipes
ORANGE + RADISHES + GOAT CHEESE
CHICKPEAS + GOLDEN RAISINS + PINE NUTS