- One of the World's Best Restaurants Is Staging a 2-Night Pop-Up in Brooklyn
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- A Coffee Blended Like Wine
- 7 Chefs' Halloween Candy Obsessions
- How to Make the Best Pho at Home
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- What Happens When Japanese Cotton, Ceramics and Aprons Collide in One Cool Chef Product
- Whole Foods Taps Momofuku Alum to Revamp Their Menu
- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- Why Rich Table Rebuilt Its Kitchen
In all my years of working on F&W's awesome, annual Best New Chefs feature—and it’s been a few—this is the first time that I remember any of our winners starting off their culinary careers in fast food places (or at least admitting to it). So for anyone who’s trying to figure out the 10 top new chefs before they’re announced on Wednesday, April 4th, here are some clues.
*One Best New Chef was an expert sandwich maker at Subway.
*One Best New Chef worked at Six Flags—you would have found him/her at a soda counter.
*One Best New Chef got fired from a job at Burger King after an ice machine fight.