- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
- 13 Star Chefs Share Their New Year’s Resolutions
- 9 Off-Beat Stocking Stuffers from the Mr. Donahue’s Team in NYC
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Marcus Samuelsson's Harlem Thanksgiving
- Behold the Secret Burger Pizza at Emmy Squared’s Downstairs Bar
- Chef Travis Swikard's Guide to Autumn Squash
- Old Irving Brewing Opens, Bringing Pho-Flavored Beer to Chicago
In all my years of working on F&W's awesome, annual Best New Chefs feature—and it’s been a few—this is the first time that I remember any of our winners starting off their culinary careers in fast food places (or at least admitting to it). So for anyone who’s trying to figure out the 10 top new chefs before they’re announced on Wednesday, April 4th, here are some clues.
*One Best New Chef was an expert sandwich maker at Subway.
*One Best New Chef worked at Six Flags—you would have found him/her at a soda counter.
*One Best New Chef got fired from a job at Burger King after an ice machine fight.