- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- Every Food Is a Snack Now
- Crazy Fried Chicken
- Daniel Boulud Is Cooking for Air France
- This Kind of Food Is Both Filling and Insanely Good for You
- Donald Trump Deposed in Lawsuit Against José Andrés
- Here's One Controversial Way to Reduce Methane Emissions
- WikiLeaks Hack Reveals John Podesta's Secret to Creamy Risotto
- Michelin-Starred Ramen Restaurant to Open Second Location
- Mary Berry's BBC Show Could Launch Before Channel 4's Bake Off Debut
© Rory Tischler
Sarah Jessica Parker samples chef Paul Liebrandt's foie gras.
* Having Sarah Jessica Parker as my first celebrity sighting. (Her date, Bravo’s Andy Cohen, was the second person I saw.) SJP helped me out by wearing an easy-to-spot sparkly silver jacket. Those stalking her—not me, I promise—issued regular Twitter updates about what food she was eating at that moment. She wasn’t the only recognizable person there: A camera crew almost knocked me down to get to Kyle MacLachlan. I think they’d already shot Josh Charles (The Good Wife) and food stars like Tom Colicchio, Gail Simmons and Katie Lee.
* Having so many superstar former Best New Chefs cooking terrific food at the party. There was Andrew Carmellini (BNC 2000) and his lamb meatball sliders. Next to him: Dan Silverman (BNC 1997) with yellowtail hamachi tartare. Up the stairs: Paul Liebrandt (BNC 2009) with foie gras chantilly. Near the pool: Daniel Humm (BNC 2005) with an eggshell filled with smoked sturgeon sabayon.
* Having the smart DJ play Jay-Z’s “Empire State of Mind” as this year’s Best New Chefs were announced and took their places on the Pool Room’s staircase. (Extra credit to Mike Sheerin from Blackbird in Chicago for dancing his way in.)
© Sylvian Gaboury
* Having the superfun after-party downtown at Kenmare, and the after-after-party at Pulino’s, where newbie Best New Chefs Sheerin; Matt Lightner from Castagna in Portland, Oregon; and Roy Choi of Kogi in L.A. ate late-late-night pizza.