- Beer-Spiked Desserts for Memorial Day
- Can You Taste This Song?
- How to Give the Gift of Cool Beer Labels
- Brunch Drinks
- 3 Awesome Beer Cocktails from the Modern Family Dad's New Bar
- 4 Supereasy Beer Cocktails
- A Craft Beer Lover's Guide to America
- 6 Awesome New Breweries Around the U.S.
- 6 Eco-Friendly “Green” Breweries for St. Patrick’s Day
- Could Israel Be the World’s Next Craft Beer Hub?
With national bee frenzy growing for some time, new products like honey beer are starting to hit the market. The Obamas were right at the forefront of the movement when they served White House Honey Ale, home-brewed by their chefs with honey from the White House beehive, at a Super Bowl party this year. (Celebrity guest Marc Anthony liked the beer so much, he is reportedly hanging on to the bottle given to him by the First Lady.)
Now, Denver’s luxe Brown Palace Hotel & Spa is partnering with Wynkoop Brewing Company to produce a Belgian-style saison beer with the honey from a rooftop bee colony. The hotel will debut the bee-brew during this year’s Great American Beer Festival.
A new one-stop bee-inspired shop in Cambridge, MA, doesn't sell beer, but it does have all sorts of treats and trinkets for the modern bee lover. Opened on National Honey Bee Day, August 20, Follow the Honey sources honeys from all 50 states and abroad, and sells beeswax candles and soaps, beekeeping books, bee-inspired artwork and even jewelry.
Related: Fantastic Honey Recipes