- 10 Fruit Vinaigrettes for People Who Hate Fruit Vinaigrettes
- 7 Ways to Have a Champagne-Soaked New Year's Eve
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
- 7 Ways to Use Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 11 Gooey Cheese-Stuffed Recipes
- 9 Best Cinnamon Brunch Recipes
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Get Down and Dirty This Mardi Gras with Dirty Rice
- 7 Best Fennel Soups
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
Master this classic Indian dish.
Dal—a thick stew or puree of beans or legumes—is an Indian staple. And it should also be a staple in your house. From spicy yellow lentil dal with tofu to a creamy red lentil version, here are seven amazing dal recipes to make, master and love.
F&W's Kay Chun amps up her boldly spiced lentil dal with soft tofu, making it into a substantial meal.
These healthy stewed lentils are flavored with cumin, ginger and bay leaf.
Split yellow peas and canned beans make this recipe fast but still totally satisfying.
A local woman at an ashram in Ahmednagar, India taught chef Susan Feniger to add bright, fragrant fresh curry leaves when making dal.
Chef Sanjeev Chropa's dal gets fantastic heat thanks to jalapeños and cayenne pepper.
Bloggers Melissa and Jasmine Hemsley serve these creamy, superflavorful lentils with vibrant toppings: spice-cooked onions, red chiles and chopped cilantro.
Spring-ify dal by adding green vegetables like asparagus.