- What to Do with that Black Truffle You've Always Wanted
- 9 Ways Chefs Are Eating Seafood for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Carnitas Nachos, Massive Steaks and Grilled Mackerel
- 13 Instagram Shots We Wish We Could Eat
- Oysters for Breakfast and Steaks for Dinner
- Hot Dogs and Roasted Mushrooms
- 8 Ways Chefs Eat Pork
- 11 Instagram Shots from Star Chefs That Will Inspire Your 4th of July Menu
- 9 Ways Chefs Are Eating Tomatoes
- Schnitzel, Sardines and Steaks
Want to know what goes on behind closed kitchen doors? F&W does some digging and finds out what chefs are eating and cooking. Here, what they’ve enjoyed this past week.
SoCal Specialties: On a trip to Southern California, Portland chef Jenn Louis enjoyed two regional obsessions: an In-N-Out burger, animal style, and an array of chicken tacos made even better with bacon.
Barnacles: Jamie Bissonnette prepared some percebes al vapor (gooseneck barnacles) at the new New York City location of Toro—possibly inspired by a meal he had with Ken Oringer at Etxebarri during their dream trip to Spain.
Soft Shell Crab: At his seafood centric Borgne restaurant in New Orleans, chef John Besh photographs chef Brian Landry’s ultra-crispy Louisiana soft shell crab sandwich.
Old-School Terrine: At Lafayette, Andrew Carmellini presents the rustic “OG oxtail and foie gras terrine.”
Classic Ham and Cheese: While visiting New York City, Los Angeles chef Vinny Dotolo dined at Balthazar where he ate a crusty, gooey ham-and-cheese croissant.