- Dozens of Workers Fired After Protesting on 'Day Without Immigrants'
- One of the World's Best Restaurants Is Staging a 2-Night Pop-Up in Brooklyn
- How It Feels to Be an Immigrant Worker in a Restaurant Kitchen Now
- Restaurants Around the Country Show Support for #ADayWithoutImmigrants
- Fidel Castro's Private Chef Tells You Where to Eat in Havana
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- This Chicago Chef Designed His Hit Restaurant Around His Home
- On the Joy of Eating Juicy Brisket All Day Long
- Everything You Need to Know About April Bloomfield's NYC Meat Shop
- Chinese Food Outside the Takeout Box
Are restaurants the new runway? They are when the designers are AvroKO. The superhip restaurant design firm teamed up with sassy fashion label Mona & Holly to create a limited edition women’s clothing line inspired by old-school service uniforms from the past century (think '50s stewardesses gone glam). The smart, J.Crew-esque collection debuted this April in a few boutiques in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Chicago and Dallas. But throughout the month of May, the hostesses at AvroKO’s restaurants will be modeling the line. In New York City, hostesses at Double Crown will be showing off the Clement dress, and the Wembley dress will be the uniform of choice at Public.
The Wembley dress.
The Clement dress.