- Matcha Lattes, Sweet Potato Shochu and 1975 Petrus Through a Straw
- Drink, Detox, Repeat
- F&W Editors Drink in the Snow and Toast at Dog Shows
- Blood Wine and Chicken Beer
- Super-Old Rioja, Whiskey with Oysters and the Perfect Vacation Cocktail
- Giant Mugs of Sangria and 150 Year-Old Bordeaux
- Food & Wine Editors Are Drinking Bacon-Topped Bloody Marys and Sonoma County Wines
- Burgundy for Breakfast
- How Japan Nails Coffee
- Artful Lattes and Truffle-Friendly Wine
The South is home to plenty of cocktail talent, but Atlanta is about to up the ante with the arrival of top mixologist Shingo Gokan.
The South is home to plenty of cocktail talent, but Atlanta is about to up the ante with the arrival of top mixologist Shingo Gokan. The all-star bartender is known as one of the forces behind New York's cult cocktail bar Angel's Share, an unassuming spot in the East Village that paved the way for the city's cocktail rennaissance. He also recently opened a five-story cocktail destination named Speak Low in Shanghai, complete with slushy cocktails for the road. Now he's signed on as creative director for Himitsu in Buckhead, a lounge opening at the end of this month from the owners of Umi sushi. We're still waiting to see the full menu, but from the sneak peeks Gokan shared with us below, it looks like he'll be playing with lots of Asian herbs like shiso and Thai basil. Himitsu will be reservation-only and also offer a serious sake list, along with Japanese snacks by chef Fuyuhiko Ito.
Here, two drinks Gokan has planned for the Himitsu cocktail list:
Tequila blanco, mezcal joven, yuzu, shiso, agave, plum salt.
East of the Sun
Kaffir lime-infused Bombay Sapphire East, Galangal honey, lime, coconut, sparkling water, Thai basil, chile.