- Day 5: Foraging For Mushrooms with MAW
- Table-to-Farm Dining
- The Alice Waters of 1938
- The Brief, Wondrous Strawberry Season
- Urban Freezer Composting
- Highlights from Farm Aid 2007
- F&W Gift Guide Bonus Extras
- Honey of an Apple
- 10 Steps to Transform Yourself from an Urbanite to a Farmer
- A Fergus Henderson Fantasy: Nose to Tail in Brooklyn
With the film The Real Dirt on Farmer John opening nationally today, will farmer John Peterson become a household name?
After attending a screening of this cinematically stunning movie on Monday with my coworker Nick Fauchald (who wrote an excellent review here), I made an off-the-cuff remark: Farmers are due to become the next celebrities, as argued here, here and here.
Nick doesn't think farmers are media savvy enough to become celebrities but admits that Farmer John could be an exception. He invited me to rebut his position on the farmer-as-celebrity issue.