- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- 5 Dreamy Late-Night Snacks From Bar Tartine's Cortney Burns
- The Chef Diet: Beautiful Salads and Indulgent Desserts
- Genius Game Day Snack: Khe-Yo's Sesame Beef Jerky
- F&W Joins Forces with Instagram on the First #FWCookbook
- Follow the #FWFesties for Sun, Fun and Lots of Feasting at the Cayman Cookout
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- There’s No Poutine at the Highly Anticipated Riel, Opening Next Week
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
- 7 Odd Kitchen Gadgets Chefs Can’t Live Without
April Bloomfield Goes on Tour with Her New Book, A Girl and Her Pig.
I’m not sure if April Bloomfield learned a few things about touring from the rock stars who hang out at her awesome Manhattan restaurant The Spotted Pig (you know the names: Bono, Jay-Z, the Black Keys). So when Bloomfield goes on a book tour for her excellent new cookbook, A Girl and Her Pig, she does it right.
Starting in early July in Charleston, S.C., Bloomfield will team up with excellent chefs around the country cooking meals that show off dishes from the book. As it happens, many of them are chefs she met as a 2007 F&W Best New Chef (love that!). "I'm looking forward to cooking with my friends on their home turf,” says Bloomfield. “I'm sure we'll have fun…maybe too much, if a few pints are involved."
Below are some tour highlights. And in more news from Bloomfield, she’ll be chronicling the highlights on her just-launched website, aprilbloomfield.com. But how much better if you get to be there in person.
Charleston, SC: Saturday, July 7
Host chef: Sean Brock
Where: Heirloom Book Company, 123 King St.; 843-469-1717; heirloombookcompany.com
What: All you can eat lamb roast with Brock; sides by Bloomfield and all you can drink cocktails by the Gin Joint
Chicago: Sunday, July 15
Host chefs: Paul Virant, Paul Kahan and Bruce Sherman
Where: Perennial Virant, 1800 N. Lincoln Ave.; 312-981-7070; perennialchicago.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield, Kahan, Sherman and Paul Virant
Portland, OR: Wednesday, July 18
Host chef: Jenn Louis
Where: Lincoln, 3808 N. Williams Ave.; 503-288-6200; www.lincolnpdx.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield and Louis
Seattle: Friday, July 20
Host chef: Matt Dillon
Where: The Corson Building, 5609 Corson Ave.; 206-762-3330; www.thecorsonbuilding.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield and Dillon
San Francisco: Thursday, July 26
Host chef: Russell Moore
Where: Camino, 3917 Grand Ave., Oakland; 510-547-5035; www.caminorestaurant.com
What: Details coming soon!