- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
- 13 Star Chefs Share Their New Year’s Resolutions
- 9 Off-Beat Stocking Stuffers from the Mr. Donahue’s Team in NYC
- Tyson Cole Takes Tokyo and Hiroshima
- Restaurant Roots: Deuki Hong's Fried Chicken Dreams
- An Awesome Easy Italian Cookie for a Crowd
- Marcus Samuelsson's Harlem Thanksgiving
- Behold the Secret Burger Pizza at Emmy Squared’s Downstairs Bar
- Chef Travis Swikard's Guide to Autumn Squash
- Old Irving Brewing Opens, Bringing Pho-Flavored Beer to Chicago
April Bloomfield Goes on Tour with Her New Book, A Girl and Her Pig.
I’m not sure if April Bloomfield learned a few things about touring from the rock stars who hang out at her awesome Manhattan restaurant The Spotted Pig (you know the names: Bono, Jay-Z, the Black Keys). So when Bloomfield goes on a book tour for her excellent new cookbook, A Girl and Her Pig, she does it right.
Starting in early July in Charleston, S.C., Bloomfield will team up with excellent chefs around the country cooking meals that show off dishes from the book. As it happens, many of them are chefs she met as a 2007 F&W Best New Chef (love that!). "I'm looking forward to cooking with my friends on their home turf,” says Bloomfield. “I'm sure we'll have fun…maybe too much, if a few pints are involved."
Below are some tour highlights. And in more news from Bloomfield, she’ll be chronicling the highlights on her just-launched website, aprilbloomfield.com. But how much better if you get to be there in person.
Charleston, SC: Saturday, July 7
Host chef: Sean Brock
Where: Heirloom Book Company, 123 King St.; 843-469-1717; heirloombookcompany.com
What: All you can eat lamb roast with Brock; sides by Bloomfield and all you can drink cocktails by the Gin Joint
Chicago: Sunday, July 15
Host chefs: Paul Virant, Paul Kahan and Bruce Sherman
Where: Perennial Virant, 1800 N. Lincoln Ave.; 312-981-7070; perennialchicago.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield, Kahan, Sherman and Paul Virant
Portland, OR: Wednesday, July 18
Host chef: Jenn Louis
Where: Lincoln, 3808 N. Williams Ave.; 503-288-6200; www.lincolnpdx.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield and Louis
Seattle: Friday, July 20
Host chef: Matt Dillon
Where: The Corson Building, 5609 Corson Ave.; 206-762-3330; www.thecorsonbuilding.com
What: Dinner prepared by Bloomfield and Dillon
San Francisco: Thursday, July 26
Host chef: Russell Moore
Where: Camino, 3917 Grand Ave., Oakland; 510-547-5035; www.caminorestaurant.com
What: Details coming soon!