- 5 Ways to Hack a Wine List
- 3 B&Bs to Stay at Now
- 5 Offal Dishes to Try Now
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- San Francisco's Restaurant Revival
- 4 European Hotels with Immersive Cooking Classes
- Fresh Cheese Coming to a Menu Near You
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- Have these Sydney Chefs Invented the New Avocado Toast?
- Bucatini is the New Black
Thanks to new flash-freezing technology, excellent precooked whole grains like barley, quinoa and wheat berries are super fast to make for a healthy breakfast. Read more >
Making wheat berries for breakfast can require waking up before sunrise, since the grains take at least an hour to cook. But, thanks to new flash-freezing technology, excellent precooked whole grains like barley, quinoa and wheat berries are ready in the time it takes to brew coffee. F&W's Justin Chapple turns frozen grains into a porridge that's great with all kinds of toppings.
New Takes on Hot Cereal
Substitute pumpkin puree for the banana; top with roasted pepitasand drizzle with pumpkin seed oil.
Coconut Breakfast Cereal
Stir in coconut milk; top with toasted coconut flakes and kiwi, mango and pineapple slices.
Apple Pie for Breakfast
Mix in baked diced apples and top with pieces of baked pie crust.
Whole Grains with Poached Egg
Skip the banana; instead, stir in more oats during cooking to thicken the porridge; top with a poached egg, sesame seeds and scallions; drizzle with sesame oil.
Stir in nut butter and grape jelly; top with chopped peanuts.