- Throw Out Your Blenders: Chef Ed Lee Thinks You Should Try This Tool Instead
- Did You Ever Wonder What Happened to Colgate Lasagna?
- This Giant Darth Vader Helmet Is Actually a Grill
- Chef Curtis Stone Swears By This Coffee Maker
- Artists Fight Back After McDonald's Co-Opts Their Work
- 8 Cult Food Items That Sold for Less Than a 19-Year-Old Package of McDonald's Dipping Sauce
- This Germ Is Now Most Likely to Cause Food Poisoning
- Bangkok Announces Street Food Festival Just Days After Announcing Ban on Street Food
- NYC Bakeries Are Fighting Trump's Policies With "A Day Without Bread"
- Generous Donations Will Help A New York Food Vendor Take a Well-Earned Vacation
The pair had noodles and cold beer at a Hanoi restaurant called Bún chả Hương Liên.
President Obama and Anthony Bourdain had a dinner date in Vietnam and thanks to social media, we got a look at the magical evening.
Obama is dining w Anthony Bourdain at Bún chả Hương Liên in Hanoi for episode of his show to air in Sept, per WH pic.twitter.com/5lC8ZfSlT6— Carol Lee (@carolelee) May 23, 2016
The pair ate at a Hanoi restaurant called Bún chả Hương Liên, which, as you might expect from a Bourdain-planned meal in Southeast Asia, appeared to be very much a hole in the wall. And based on the pictures, in addition to its namesake dish (bún chả is a Vietnamese dish of grilled pork and vermicelli), the restaurant provided plenty of cold, local beer.
And, perhaps to prove that you don’t have to spend a fortune to impress the leader of the free world, Bourdain tweeted out the cost of meal—just $6. And don’t worry, he picked up the check for Obama. No American tax dollars wasted here.
Total cost of bun Cha dinner with the President: $6.00 . I picked up the check . #Hanoi— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) May 23, 2016
According to CNN, the dinner will be part of an episode of Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, which will premiere in September. But now that both the President and television’s most famous eater have had dinner there, the round-the-block lines at Bún chả Hương Liên will likely premiere well before that.